Code of Conduct
I. Code of Conduct:
The expectation of the Stars Board and coaches is that both swimmers and parents will exhibit the highest standards of sportsmanship at all times while participating in Stars affiliated events. Every participant, including swimmers, coaches and parents, has a responsibility to behave in a respectable manner and to comply with and support the Code of Conduct. While attending and/or participating in any Stars affiliated practice or event, no individual shall:
- At any time strike, shove, threaten to strike or lay a hand upon a swimmer, coach, parent or spectator.
- Engage in an abusive, verbal attack upon any swimmer, coach, parent or spectator on or off the pool area.
- Use trash talk, profane, obscene or vulgar language under any circumstances, on or off the pool area.
- Engage in an objectionable demonstration of dissent or unsportsmanlike conduct such as throwing equipment or any other forceful action.
- Refuse to abide by a coach or board member's decision.
II. Swimmer Policies:
Minor issues will be handled by the coach, assistant coach or adult volunteer that sees a swimmer misbehaving. If the problem continues, the following procedures will be triggered:
- If a problem is significant or chronic, the coach or volunteer will bring the issue to the Head Coach. Head Coach will issue an Official Warning. The First Official Warning of a breach of the Code of Conduct will be communicated directly to the swimmer by the Head Coach. An email documenting it will be sent from the Board to the swimmer's parent.
- The next breach of the Code of Conduct will be called the Second Official Warning. This will require a conference between the Head Coach, a Board member, the swimmer and the parent. Future consequences will be spelled out explicitly.
- Third Official Warning will result in removal from the next swim meet. Notification will be sent from the Board to the parent via email. Future consequences will be spelled out explicitly.
- Fourth Official Warning shall result in removal from the team. There will be no reimbursement of team fees with this situation.
If you have any further questions, please read the official NWSC Code of Conduct.