Please reach out to board members with any questions.
REGISTRATION: Registration for the 2024 season is not open. Mark you calendars for the following dates:
- March 2nd, 2024: Returning Family Registration is open for returning families in good standing. If you had a swimmer in the 2023 season you can register them plus any new swimmers in your family.
- April 7th : New Swimmer evaluation. Come to Bella Mar Pool from 1pm-4pm to have swimmers new to the Stars program to have and evaluation from our coaches.
- April 13th 7am Location TBD: New Family Registration in person is open for new Stars swimmers that live within the HOA.
- April 20th: New this year the HOA is allowing non HOA members to register that live within the greater Steiner Ranch area.
- April 21st 4-6pm: New family orientation. Come to Bella Mar to get an introduction to the Stars program.
- April 28th: Steiner Stars Kickoff party at Bella Mar.
- April 29th: First Practice
- May 18th: First Meet
- June 29th: Divisionals
- June 30th: Invitationals.
Welcome to Steiner Stars!
The Steiner Stars organization has been developing swimmers in the Steiner Ranch Community for over 20 years. Every summer season over 400 kids train hard and compete in dual meets against other local summer clubs as part of the Northwest Swim Circuit. Our wonderful coaches have been responsible for the development of thousands of swimmers over the years. Some of these kids go on to swim at club teams and even in to the college ranks, but the majority of our swimmers love to compete and enjoy the relaxed and fun nature of the summer swim season.
The Stars actually consist of two teams, Red and Blue. While originally one club the two teams became necessary very quickly due to the local demand! There is no difference between the teams other than the practice schedule. Kids from the age of 5 to 17 practice daily at the Bella Mar pool from roughly May 1st through early July. While school is still in session the teams alternate afternoon practice daily. Once school is out the Red team practices in the morning and the Blue team in the afternoon. Please visit each specific team site for the exact schedule. We typically have six dual meets (on Saturday mornings) every season plus a Divisional championship and Invitational meet for those swimmers who qualify.
The Stars are a completely volunteer run organization through the generosity of so many of our swimmer parents. It is an amazing organization that has not only helped teach the lifelong skill of swimming to so many, but has also created so many friendships throughout our fantastic neighborhood.
2024 will be our 23rd season with the Northwest Swim Circuit. The only requirement to join is swimmers must be able to swim the length of the 25 yard pool by the 1st meet. Mandatory new swimmer evaluation will be held April 7th from 2-4pm at the Bella Mar pool. The season runs from April 29th through June 30th
Returning family registration opens March 2nd. New family registration will be April 13th at 7am. Check the website at 6am on April 13th for registration location. All details will be announced on the Stars Webpage: www.steinerstars.org. New family orientation will be held April 21st from 4-6 pm at the Bella Mar Community Center. This is mandatory for all new families.
NEW FOR 2024 - If there are available swimmer spots after new family registration we will open these up to non HOA residents in the greater Steiner Ranch area from 620 to Lake Austin. Any non HOA applicant must have an HOA member sponsor.
Steiner Ranch residents must be in good standing with the HOA to register and agree to volunteer requirements to participate in the league. Space in each age group is limited. Swimmers must be 5 years or older by May 1, 2024 to participate. Be sure to check out our video to get a glimpse of what awaits you! GO STARS!!!
Past President - Andrew Struck
President - Scott & Jenni Carter
Vice President - Joe & Andrea Svoboda (new)
Secretary - Cara Campisi (new)
Treasurer - David Horner
Blue Team Coordinators - Emilie Clement
Red Team Coordinator - Kylie Rasty (new)
Blue Team Circuit Rep - Brian Sadarangani
Red Team Circuit Rep - Erin Watson
Head of Fundraising/Apparel - Jami DeLanoy
Social Coordinator - Heather Maloy
Equipment - Luke Skogman
March 2nd - Returning family registration opens
April 7th - New Swimmer evaluation 2-4pm - Bella Mar pool
April 13th - New family registration 7am Location to be announced 6am 4/13/24 (pending swimmer evaluation)
April 20th - Non HOA member registration opens - online only
April 21st - New family orientation 4-6 pm Bella Mar
April 28th - Kick off party - Bella Mar 4-7pm
April 29th - After School Practice starts
May 28th - Summer Practice schedule begins (May 27Memorial Day)
New Swimmer Evaluations
If you are a returning family with a new swimmer or are new to the program all together your kiddos will need to complete a new swimmer evaluation. Our evaluation is completed by doing the following:
- Swimmer must swim from one end of a 25 yard competition pool (like the one at Bella Mar) to the other
- They can’t be holding on the lane line or wall
- There shouldn’t be anybody in the water with them
This can be accomplished in one of three ways:
- Join us at the Bella Mar pool on 4/7 from 2-4 pm to complete an evaluation with our coaches
- If your child is on a club team and you feel meets these standards, please have their club coach submit an email to [email protected]
- Submit a video of your child completing this task to https://www.dropbox.com/request/guJGq5GdHN8PO5p8Ca... Please be sure the video is large enough to be able to see the swimmer clearly
This evaluation does not guarantee a spot on the team and registration is still required. However, without an approved evaluation a swimmer will not be able to be registered. Thank you and, GO STARS!
New Family Orientation Presentation
2023 New Team Suits
We STRONGLY encourage everyone to purchase the new suit so everyone looks fantastic at that first meet!
Keep an eye on your email for a Free SwimOutlet+ membership. The membership gives members 20% off of all purchases.
We now have a Stars Team Store with SwimOutlet.
Links to team suits at SwimOutlet Team Store: Please select the Arena Puzzle in either Red or Blue.