Thank you for volunteering for the Steiner Stars Team. It takes over 90 volunteers to run an away meet, and over 160 to run a home meet. We could not be the best and most organized team that we are without our wonderful volunteers.
Volunteer Shifts and Sign-Up
To see a general description of the volunteer positions, click here.
To see a "how to guide" for each volunteer position, click here.
Being a member of the Steiner Stars requires that each family work at least eight (8) shifts for seven (7) meets. These shifts do not include Invitationals or kick-off/season end parties. We will need volunteers for these events as well which is above and beyond the eight (8) family minimum.
- Volunteer sign-up is handled online through Swimtopia. Click here for the Parent's Guide to Swimtopia.
- Volunteer sign-up will open at 9pm approximately two weeks prior to the meet. Your team will send an email regarding the exact day. For example, for the June 8th meet, the signup will open at 9pm on May 27th. The sign-up will remain open for one full week.
- No changes can be made after 5pm on Tuesday prior to the swim meet. If you are unable to work the shift that you signed-up for, you will need to find a replacement and notify the volunteer coordinators.
- If you will be here for all meets, do NOT front load your shifts for the 1st half of the season. There are numerous families who will be missing multiple meets and need to double up their shifts when possible. Plus, if we do not have enough volunteers at the end of the season, we will assign people to shifts whether or not the shift commitment has been fulfilled.
- The doubling up of shifts applies to tent parents as well. Both parents should not sign-up to work as tent parents. If you need an extra shift, sign-up for a different position.
- If you have specific concerns about meeting the shift requirements, notify your volunteer coordinators so that they can help you.
- If you plan to miss a few meets, you will need to double up on shifts for the meets that you are attending to reach the eight (8) minimum shifts. Thus, it is important that you report meet absences (see below).
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure that your family works the eight (8) minimum shifts by the end of the season. We realize that there is one less meet than shift requirements. This does mean that you may need to work two shifts during a meet or sign-up for a job that gives more than one shift credit.
NOTE: The volunteer coordinators do have the authority to assign/un-assign parents to specific shifts or positions if needed.
Let us know if you have any questions. Please contact your Volunteer Coordinators if you need help.
Please go to the Stars Website and report you or your swimmer's absence. If you know you will be gone, please let us know. The coaching staff, volunteer coordinators, and computer volunteers all depend on knowing that you and/or your swimmer will be in attendance at the meets .
Volunteer Do's at the Swim Meet
- The first thing you need to do when you arrive at a meet is check-in your swimmer at the tent.
- The second thing you need to do is check-in with the volunteer coordinators.
- Provide your name and assigned volunteer job. We want to ensure that you get your shift credits.
- Listen to the announcements for the first to second shift transition. This ensures that meets begin/end on time and run smoothly.
- Stay until your shift is over and you have done what is required of you.
The Stars swim team strives to provide a positive swimming environment for young people, combining an emphasis on the technical, psychological, and social aspects of swimming, while supporting the broad range of individual goals and abilities of our members.
Letter from the Board
In order to facilitate our program goals it is imperative each family contribute through volunteer service. We offer numerous opportunities allowing for families to match their skills and talents with the needs of the program. Our Team Coordinators and Volunteer Coordinators will work with each family to ensure access to volunteer opportunities.
It is the responsibility of each family to obtain eight (8) volunteer points by the conclusion of the swim season. Many of our families miss a meet due to a planned or unplanned event. We encourage you to keep this in mind and to proactively communicate with your respective Volunteer Coordinator to mitigate any potential issue with fulfilling your family’s obligation to the team you are a part of.
At the conclusion of the Swim Season if your family has not met the eight (8) shift minimum your family will not be granted returning swimmer status nor will you be eligible for new swimmer registration for the next year swim season.
The Executive Board of the Steiner Stars Swim Team would like to thank you all for your commitment to providing our children with the premiere youth sports program in Steiner Ranch